About Pro Stocks
Prostocks, is a venture of Sunlight Broking LLP founded on Feb 2016 by S P Toshniwal and Saurabh Ranka. It is an online Discount broking company. It offers its customer to trade in NSE and BSE in the segment like Equity Cash, Equity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives and Demat services with average saving on brokerage of 60% to 99% than traditional brokers. Key features offered to customers are:
- Flat rate pricing
- Trading platform flexibility
- Brokerage calculator
- Superior customer service
Product and Services
- Equity Trading
- Depository Services
|Transaction Details||Fee Charged|
|Demat Account opening charges||Nil
|Annual Maintenance Charges:|
Rs 0 (Rs 1000 one time refundable deposit)
Rs 0(with Rs 1000 one time refundable deposit) + Rs 500 CDSL fee at actual
|Transaction Charges per ISIN (Market Trades)|
Buy ( Receive)
Sell ( Debit)
Rs 8+ Rs 5.5 flat for every debit transaction
|Dematerialization||Rs 50/ setup|
|Rematerialization||Rs 50/ setup + CDSL charges|
|Courier charges per Demat/ Remat request||Rs 50|
|Pledge||Rs 50/ setup|
|Unpledge||Rs 50/ setup|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 50/ setup|
|Adhoc / Non Periodic Statement Requests:|
Rs 10/ request
Rs 50/ request (up to 10 pages). Every additional page at Rs 5+ Rs 50 courier charges
First Delivery Instruction Book
Every Additional Booklet
Free (5 leaves)
Rs 100 (10 leaves)
|Cheque Bounce/ Per cheque||Rs 250|
|Failed Transactions||Rs50/ ISIN|
|Modification in CML||Rs25/ request|
|KRA Upload / Download||Rs 50|
|Service Tax will be applicable on all above charges.|
Brokerage Plans and Charge
Unlimited Monthly Plan
The brokerage plan is suitable for active traders with high frequency and volume. The trader enjoys unlimited trades with no need to pay brokerage on any amount of transaction
- Rs 899- Unlimited Equity And Equity Derivatives Trading In An Exchange
Flat Fee Plan
Traders are charged Rs 15/ trade flat brokerage for trades executed at an exchange. The scheme is ideal for traders with less frequency
Unlimited Yearly Plan
A yearly brokerage plan with no limit of quantity of trade. The plan is suitable for active traders having higher frequency and volume.
- Rs 8999- Unlimited Equity And Equity Derivatives Trading In An Exchange
- Rs 4999- Unlimited Currency Trading In An Exchange
NRI Trading Plan
The scheme offers NRI with the cheapest brokerage plan. It offers a flat rate of rs 100 on investment in equity, Exchange traded funds (ETFs) and trade in futures & options segment.
- Rs 100/ executed trade
- Zero AMC for Demat & trading account.
|Equity Intraday||NSE: Rs 325 per Crore
BSE: Rs275 per Crore
|Equity Delivery||NSE: Rs 325 per Crore
BSE: Rs275 per Crore
|Equity Futures||NSE: Rs 190 per Crore
BSE: Rs 50 per Crore
|Equity Options||NSE: Rs 5000 per Crore
BSE: Rs 2500 per Crore
|Currency Futures||NSE: Rs 110 per Crore
BSE: Rs 18 per Crore
|Currency Options||NSE: Rs 4000 per Crore
BSE: Rs 1500 per Crore
Prostocks offers two types of trading application for Desktop, web, and mobile for the high-quality trading experience. The platform is available free of cost for all customers.
- Prostocks- It is inhouse developed trading platforms
- NSE NOW- NOW (NEAT on Web) platform is provided by NSE
Prostocks Trading Platforms
Prostocks Desktop: This is an advanced trading software for the frequent and high-value traders. The trading application has advanced market tools to identify and measure trend strength, analyze price movements and make strategies. Features of Prostocks desktop application are:
- Fully customize trading application
- Multiple Market watch
- Advance Ultra-Fast real time charting for investor and professional
- Inbuilt option strategies
- Advance action watch
- Bulk trade watch
- Place After Market orders (AMO)
- Secure online fund transfer
Prostocks Web: The trader can access the terminal from any standard web browser. It has all the features of a desktop application within the browser window.
Prostocks Mobile: The application is available for both ios and android platform helps to track the market on move with ease.
NOW Desktop: It offers a customizable platform with advanced technologies. professional tools, charts, and many features. Trading using this platform is considered more responsive and faster than other desktop application.Features of this application are:
- Completely customizable
- Multiple watchlists, streaming live quotes, news, and charts
- Advanced order types like bracket order and after- market order
- All in one stock, derivative and currency trading
NOW Web: Available in the web browser that saves the hassle of downloading and installing software. Can be accessed from multiple systems. Key features of NSE NOW are:
- Flexible order entry
- Fast and quality execution
- Real-time streaming quotes
- Interactive charts
NOW Mobile: Available in IoS, android, windows and blackberry devices. The app gives you the flexibility to track and analyze market from mobile devices. Key features of the app are:
- Light and adaptable
- Simple and navigation
- Real time news feed
- Customizable account settings
Process and Documentation required
One can open an account in Prostocks through online application or by sending the filled up application form by courier.
Online Application: Through online mode, customer needs to perform the below steps:
- Fill the application and submit necessary documents for eKYC verification
- Pay for Brokerage Plan( if any) and Demat Charges
- Send the printed form duly signed by customer by courier
- After receipt of the printed form your account gets activated
Offline mode– Customers need to download, print and fill the application form and had to courier it with the necessary supporting documents which includes:
- Photocopy of PAN card and address proof with signature
- Photocopy of last 6 months bank statement or last year’s Income Tax Return or six-month salary slip duly signed
- Copies of all other documents submitted should be self-attested
- Canceled cheque to link your primary bank account
- Trading account documentation fee cheque of Rs 300 payable to “Sunlight Broking LLP”
|Features||Prostocks||Upstox||Angel Broking||Reliance Securities|
|Service Type||Discount Broker||Discount Broker||Full Service||Full Service|
|Account opening cost||Nil||Nil||Nil||Rs 950|
|Brokerage||Rs 15 Flat||Rs 20 Flat||0.016- 0.4%||0.05-0.5%|
|Margin (equity)||Intraday- upto 10 times|
Delivery- 1 time
|Intraday- upto 25 times|
|Intraday- 10 times|
Delivery- 3 times
|Intraday- 10 times
Delivery- 4 times
|Exchange Enabled||NSE and BSE||NSE, BSE, and MCX||NSE, BSE, MCX, NCDEX, NMCE and MCX-SX||NSE, BSE, MCX, NCDEX, NMCE and MCX-SX|
Review Of Prostocks
- Lowest charges in terms of brokerage, transaction charge, stamp duty etc
- Lifetime free Demat account
- Responsive customer service
- Trading platform from both Prostocks and NSE available free of cost to all customers
- Account opening procedure is managed online
- Referral program for existing customers in which Prostocks offers 10% brokerage of referred clients
- Special Brokerage plan for NRI customers
- Commodity trading, IPO, and Mutual Fund segment are not available
- Margin on equity, derivative segment is low comparative to other discount brokers
Online discount broking companies are getting popular among investors due to its cost saving approach on investment and maximizing profits. Prostocks is one of the new player in this segment. It offers a Flat Rs 15/ trade on customers. It’s free of charge advanced trading platforms from NSE and inbuilt prostocks trade terminal for its customer. One aspect of having an account with discount brokers is, investors need to do their own research and no support Relationship Manager but it commensurate with cheap brokerage plans. On terms of services offered it lags in few segments and margin provided is also less than other discount brokers.
Frequently asked Questions
Q. How do I know the status of my account opening?
- Step 1: The KYC team send an email about receipt of the documents once all the account opening documents are received.
- Step 2: The KYC team verify the documents and request the customer for in-person verification (IPV), if required.
- Step 3. Once in-person verification is done, we give customers a welcome call and validate the customer detail over the phone.
- Step 4: Once verification is complete, a welcome email is sent to the customer with account related information.
Q. Is it chargeable to trade for BSE in NOW trading terminal at ProStocks?
A. No. All trading application provided by ProStocks are free.
Q. Where do I post my queries related to account opening?
A. You can go to click to call link on account opening section and ProStocks representatives will call you as soon as possible. You can also write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your queries or can call customer care.
Q. What are the ProStocks account opening charges?
A. Our account opening charges are Rs 300, which is waived currently as a promotional offer. Our trading as well as Demat account are zero AMC. We charge Rs 1000 refundable deposit for Demat account.
Q. Do ProStocks provide margin funding?
A. No, ProStocks do not provide margin funding to trade in equity cash delivery segment.
Q. When and which intraday trades are squared off?
A. All intraday position/trades resulting from order type MIS and CO will be squared off at pre-specified time say 03:15 pm for equity and equity derivatives and 04:30 pm for currency derivatives or upon reaching mark to market loss limit, whichever is earlier.